I know I’m obsessed with scrolling through Instastories and Facebook posts of what some of my fellow whole foods eaters like to eat on a typical day, so hopefully you all will enjoy this post!
Some things to consider as I go about my day…
- I’m not technically in a Whole30 at the moment, but I stay pretty true to it most the time.
- I’ve been more mindful of my veggie and good quality fat intake lately as I’ve been trying to rely more on fat for fuel rather than carbs (going well so far even in the midst of half marathon training).
- I ran 3 miles on an empty stomach, the morning this post was written. Fasted cardio is a great way to jump start your body into a fat burning machine for the day.
7:00 am: Breakfast
- Vinegar Water (1 tbsp to 8 ounces). I do this before eating or drinking anything other than water.
- 4 eggs scrambled in homemade ghee (don’t buy ghee unless you have to… it’s so easy to make yourself and store for when you need it).
- Coffee blended with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk.
- I try to drink about 25 ounces of water throughout the morning leading to lunchtime.
12:00 pm: Lunch
- Spinach Salad with an Aidelle’s Chicken and Apple Sausage sauteed in coconut oil and topped with compliant guacamole. Literally, this has been my daily lunch since October 2015 and I haven’t gotten sick of it yet. SO GOOD.
- Another 8-16 ounces of water with my lunch. Sometimes I add mint, strawberries and lime for added flavor.
- Most days, I’ll make another coffee with coconut oil and coconut milk before heading back to work.
5:00 pm: Dinner
- Dinner varies, but most weeknights I go for something easy and using the least amount of pots as possible!
- For this particular night, I served pan seared chicken with asparagus and cauliflower rice.
- And more water… I don’t track it, but I shoot for 90 ounces a day.
7:00 pm: Snack
- This tea… Amazing!
- 1/2 cup blueberries. Not pictured because I inhaled them before snapping a pic 😂.
This is just to give you an idea of a typical weekday is like for me, eating wise. If this is something you like to see, let me know and maybe I’ll do a weekend edition :).
***DISCLAIMER*** I’m not a doctor. I am not any kind of replacement for your doctor’s advice. This is my personal experience and hopefully by reading it, you will know what questions to ask your doctor. Whatever you do, get a doctor you TRUST and ask all the questions you want. Their expertise is invaluable. Also, this is NOT SPONSORED. This is my true and honest experience.
4 thoughts on “What I eat in a day (weekday edition)”
What is ghee and how does one make it?
Here’s a great article with the explanations and instructions on making your own. It’s basically clarified butter… all dairy removed.
LikeLiked by 1 person
How can i find out more about this diet
I’m glad you shared this…it gives me an idea of what a day is like…would like to see a weekend day and any ideas for someone who loves unsweetened ice tea. God Bless – Christy